On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- makes 8 pieces
For a terrific treat to accompany a cuppa, Mary Berry bakes buttery golden shortbread the traditional Scottish way
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Set the oven to 160C/gas 2.
2. Place all the ingredients together in a food processor and whizz until the mixture forms a smooth dough (if preferred this can be done by hand in a bowl using soft butter).
3. Roll the shortbread out to form a circle with a 20cm diameter and flute the edge (alternatively, press into a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin).
4. Prick gently over the top with a fork and score the surface of the round into 8 even wedges. Sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm and golden.
5. Set aside to cool a little, but cut into wedges while still slightly warm. Store in an airtight tin.