On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Donut Showdown - Vegas
- 20:30 - Donut Showdown - Zombies
- 21:00 - Donut Showdown - Chinatown
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- makes 8 pieces
For a terrific treat to accompany a cuppa, Mary Berry bakes buttery golden shortbread the traditional Scottish way
Method1. Set the oven to 160C/gas 2.
2. Place all the ingredients together in a food processor and whizz until the mixture forms a smooth dough (if preferred this can be done by hand in a bowl using soft butter).
3. Roll the shortbread out to form a circle with a 20cm diameter and flute the edge (alternatively, press into a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin).
4. Prick gently over the top with a fork and score the surface of the round into 8 even wedges. Sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm and golden.
5. Set aside to cool a little, but cut into wedges while still slightly warm. Store in an airtight tin.