On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off - Tea Party
- 22:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Choose any nuts and seeds that take your fancy, and toss them in Rachel Allen's tasty spice mix
MethodHeat a heavy frying pan until fairly hot, and tip in your chosen nuts and seeds. Stir and fry over a moderate heat until they start to turn golden.
Stir-in the Chinese five-spice powder, chilli flakes and salt and cook for another 30 seconds, until they are toasted and coated with spice. Serve either hot or cold.
- 200 g selection of nuts, and assorted seeds
- 0.5 tsp chinese five spice
- 0.25 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 0.25 tsp sea salt