On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Affordable Christmas - Jamie's Affordable Christmas
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Life in the Old Bird?
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - The Big Freeze
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 6 min
Mushroom soup with sichuan peppers is a quick and simple soup with a spicy kick, great served with rice as a main meal
Method1. Heat the sesame oil in a hot wok and add the mushrooms, leek, ginger, chilli, garlic, spring onions, lime juice and coriander. Fry together for three minutes.
2. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for three minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and schezuan pepper.
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 250 g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 leeks, sliced
- 5 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunches bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 limes, juices
- 1 bunches coriander, chopped
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 1 tsp sichuan peppercorns, crushed