On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Fast Food and Street Food
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
A reliable basic gravy recipe that you can always turn to
Method1. Get the stock bubbling in a saucepan on a medium-heat hob. Skim excess fat from the turkey roasting tin, leaving about 3 tablespoons of liquid fat with the dark turkey juices in the tin. Place the roasting tin on the hob over a low heat and sprinkle with flour.
2. Whisk the flour into the juices to form a smooth paste. Begin to add the hot stock a little at a time, whisking briskly to blend. As the stock is added and it hits simmering point, the gravy will thicken. If it is too thin, let it cook to reduce, if it's too thick, add some more liquid.
3. Add a splash of wine and continue to reduce. The gravy should cook for 15-20 minutes. Season with freshly milled pepper and some salt, then pour into a warmed gravy jug to serve with your roast turkey.