On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Portland, OR
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Seattle
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 7
A reliable basic gravy recipe that you can always turn to
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Get the stock bubbling in a saucepan on a medium-heat hob. Skim excess fat from the turkey roasting tin, leaving about 3 tablespoons of liquid fat with the dark turkey juices in the tin. Place the roasting tin on the hob over a low heat and sprinkle with flour.
2. Whisk the flour into the juices to form a smooth paste. Begin to add the hot stock a little at a time, whisking briskly to blend. As the stock is added and it hits simmering point, the gravy will thicken. If it is too thin, let it cook to reduce, if it's too thick, add some more liquid.
3. Add a splash of wine and continue to reduce. The gravy should cook for 15-20 minutes. Season with freshly milled pepper and some salt, then pour into a warmed gravy jug to serve with your roast turkey.