On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
The original version of this impressive dish was created in honour of Count Stroganoff - try this gourmet version in a recipe provided by The Vegetarian Society
For the mash
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 20 g butter, or margarine
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 150 ml milk, or soya milk
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
For the stroganoff
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
1. Boil or steam the potatoes until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Mash, and add the butter, mustard and chives. Heat the milk, pour over the potatoes and beat in.
2. To make the stroganoff, melt the rest of the butter or margarine in a pan. Add shallots and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the paprika and the mushrooms and cook until just soft.
3. Add the brandy and stir in the cream and dill. Season to taste then heat gently - cover and keep warm.
4. To assemble, serve individually by placing equal portions of the mashed potato on each plate. Spoon the stroganoff over the top, and garnish with parsley.
© The Vegetarian Society – (recipe created by the Cordon Vert cookery school) www.vegsoc.org