On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Tomatoes
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Summer Greens
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Classic Bread
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
The original version of this impressive dish was created in honour of Count Stroganoff - try this gourmet version in a recipe provided by The Vegetarian Society
1. Boil or steam the potatoes until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Mash, and add the butter, mustard and chives. Heat the milk, pour over the potatoes and beat in.
2. To make the stroganoff, melt the rest of the butter or margarine in a pan. Add shallots and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the paprika and the mushrooms and cook until just soft.
3. Add the brandy and stir in the cream and dill. Season to taste then heat gently - cover and keep warm.
4. To assemble, serve individually by placing equal portions of the mashed potato on each plate. Spoon the stroganoff over the top, and garnish with parsley.
© The Vegetarian Society – (recipe created by the Cordon Vert cookery school) www.vegsoc.org
For the mash
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 20 g butter, or margarine
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 150 ml milk, or soya milk
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
For the stroganoff