On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Easy Entertaining
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Chinese Classics
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Feast
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Vegetarians get a five-star Christmas main dish with this special five-nut treat
1. Place the nuts in a dry frying pan over a moderate flame. Toast, stirring gently, until golden and fragrant, taking care not to burn. Remove to a bowl and leave to cool.
2. Whizz in a food processor until thoroughly ground.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Generously grease a loaf tin with butter.
4. In a large bowl, combine the ground nuts with all remaining ingredients. Mix very thoroughly.
5. Scoop the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until firm and golden. Cool slightly, then turn out.
- 250 g mixed nuts, (walnuts, hazelnuts, sesame seeds, almonds, cashews)
- 100 g shallots, (about 4 small or 0.5 banana shallot), finely chopped
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 100 g gruyère cheese, or mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme
- 0.5 tsp dried sage
- 0.5 tsp dried mint
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Marmite, or other yeast extract blended with 1 tsp boiling water
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 1 cubes butter, for greasing tin