On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 45 min, plus 4 hrs and 30 mins chilling
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Spicy, herb speckled lamb, garlicky griddled potatoes and crisp cauliflower in a dynamite dressing make a sensational offering from Brian Turner
For the lamb kofta
- 0.5 red onions, chopped
- 0.5 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 0.5 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp mint, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pinches ground ginger
- 0.5 small red chillies
- 600 g minced lamb
- 1 pinches black pepper
For the potato wedges
For the cauliflower
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
1. Put the onion, parsley, coriander, mint, paprika, cumin, ginger and chilli into a food processor and puree. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Add lamb and whiz into a coarse paste, adding a splash of water if necessary.
3. Refrigerate for 4 hours, until firm.
4. Shape meat into sausages and push onto the soaked skewers.
5. Return to the fridge and allow to firm up again.
6. Cut the potatoes into 8 wedges each and cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse them in cold water. Dry them well and dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
7. Add the garlic to the oil and marinade the potatoes in this mixture for 10 minutes.
8. Separate cauliflower into florets and cut each floret into 1cm slices.
9. Heat a griddle pan until hot and chargrill the lamb and the potato wedges for 15-20 minutes or so, until cooked through.
10. Brush the cauliflower with the olive oil and chargrill until golden and cooked through.
11. Meanwhile mix the sesame seeds, parsley, garlic and lemon zest together.
12. Stir in the sesame seed oil, olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
13. Mix the watercress and cauliflower together and toss in the dressing.
14. Pile the cauliflower and potatoes onto serving plates, top with the koftas and serve immediately.