On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Germany
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Born and Bred
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Chilli con Carne
- Prep time:
- 10 min
James Martin's strawberry and mascarpone shortbreads stack up to make an irresistible dessert in next to no time
Method1. Hull the strawberries and cut them in half.
2. Push the raspberries through a fine meshed sieve and stir in the icing sugar. Set aside.
3. Mix the cream and mascarpone together and place a little of the mixture in the middle of a piece of shortbread. Arrange the halved strawberries around the cream.
4. Stack another piece of shortbread on top and continue the process until you have built up a stack of three. Repeat to make four stacks.
5. Dust with icing sugar and pour on some raspberry sauce. Top with a halved strawberry and serve immediately.