On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen's Cake Diaries - Say it with Cake
- 20:30 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Afternoon Tea
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
Submitted by: SophieB12881
Submitted by: natty2b
Submitted by: FaeeqaM53269
Submitted by: littlemonster_
Submitted by: Viv 123
Submitted by: ShanC
Submitted by: stephenH78725
Submitted by: sylviaJ16694
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- makes one cake
Feather light sponge and a fabulous filling mean Paul Hollywood's easy to make, classic cake is sure to become a favourite
Method1. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lightly butter two sandwich tins, each with a diameter of 20cm.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, and then slowly add the beaten egg.
3. Fold in the sifted flour and spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tins.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool and then remove from the tins.
5. Whip the cream until thick and use it to fill the sponge with the jam.
6. Dust liberally with icing sugar to serve.
Want more cake? Take a look at our classic cake recipes