On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
Click on the arrows to view more photos
Submitted by: SophieB12881
Submitted by: natty2b
Submitted by: FaeeqaM53269
Submitted by: littlemonster_
Submitted by: Viv 123
Submitted by: ShanC
Submitted by: stephenH78725
Submitted by: sylviaJ16694
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- makes one cake
Feather light sponge and a fabulous filling mean Paul Hollywood's easy to make, classic cake is sure to become a favourite
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Inspired? Try more of our top 10 Victoria sponge recipes
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam
- 500 ml double cream
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lightly butter two sandwich tins, each with a diameter of 20cm.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, and then slowly add the beaten egg.
3. Fold in the sifted flour and spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tins.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool and then remove from the tins.
5. Whip the cream until thick and use it to fill the sponge with the jam.
6. Dust liberally with icing sugar to serve.
Want more cake? Take a look at our classic cake recipes