On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Easy Entertaining
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Chinese Classics
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Feast
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Omelette Arnold Bennett is a mix of smokey haddock, creamy eggs and salty cheese combine to fabulous effect in James Martin's terrific take on the classic
1. Mix the milk with 300ml water, pour into a large shallow pan and bring to the boil with the bay leaves, onion and peppercorns and bring to the boil.
2. Turn the heat down to a simmer and poach the haddock for about 3-4minutes, until the fish is cooked.
3. Lift the fish out on to a plate and leave until cool enough to handle, then break into flakes, discarding any skin and bones.
4. Preheat the grill to high. Whisk the eggs together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Heat a 23cm non stick frying pan over a medium heat, and then add the butter and swirl it around to coat the base and sides of the pan. Pour in the eggs and as they start to set, drag the back of a fork over the base of the pan, lifting up little folds of egg to allow the uncooked eggs to run underneath.
6. When the omelette is set underneath but still very moist on top, sprinkle over the flaked smoked haddock. Pour the cream on top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and put the omelette under the hot grill until lightly golden brown.
7. Serve with a crisp green salad.