On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes, 3
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Philadelphia
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Philadelphia and New York
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
lan Coxon`s speedy but special soup is chockfull of fabulous far eastern flavours
Method1. Place stock, soy sauce, Sake, rice wine vinegar, Wasabi, lemon grass, ginger, coriander stalks and chilli into a pan and bring up to the boil, cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the mussels to the pan and cook, until the shells have opened. Remove them and place into serving bowls.
3. Add the squid to the stock, together with the carrot, spring onion and mooli, cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
4. At the last minute, add the prawns and bean shoots.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
- 1 litres fish stock, clear
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sake
- 3 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 2 lemongrass, sticks, finely diced
- 25 g ginger, finely shredded
- 1 handfuls coriander stalks, and leaves
- 1 red chillies, deseeded and finely shredded
- 20 g live mussels, cleaned
- 5 squid
- 1 carrots, finely shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
- 60 g mooli (white radish)
- 100 g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 60 g bean sprouts
- 1 pinches black pepper