On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
lan Coxon`s speedy but special soup is chockfull of fabulous far eastern flavours
- 1 litres fish stock, clear
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sake
- 3 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 2 lemongrass, sticks, finely diced
- 25 g ginger, finely shredded
- 1 handfuls coriander stalks, and leaves
- 1 red chillies, deseeded and finely shredded
- 20 g live mussels, cleaned
- 5 squid
- 1 carrots, finely shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
- 60 g mooli (white radish)
- 100 g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 60 g bean sprouts
- 1 pinches black pepper
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place stock, soy sauce, Sake, rice wine vinegar, Wasabi, lemon grass, ginger, coriander stalks and chilli into a pan and bring up to the boil, cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the mussels to the pan and cook, until the shells have opened. Remove them and place into serving bowls.
3. Add the squid to the stock, together with the carrot, spring onion and mooli, cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
4. At the last minute, add the prawns and bean shoots.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.