On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Making It Up Isn't Making Do
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Leftovers
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Spicy fish and spinach combine in a dreamy, yoghurt enriched sauce in this tongue-tingling recipe from Anthony Worrall Thompson
1. Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan; add the fish and fry for about 3 minutes until just cooked. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the onions until they are soft but not coloured, then add the garlic and spices and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted. Season with black pepper, and then add the yoghurt.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Return the fish to the sauce and heat through. Serve immediately with rice.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 700 g monkfish, fillets, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 6 clove garlic, finely diced
- 0.5 tsp ground coriander
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 225 g fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g Greek yogurt