On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 2
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Restaurant Revelations
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
Submitted by: JosephineP49349
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus 1 hr resting plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
For a scrumptious dessert try Mary Berry's splendid meringue creation, flavoured with hazelnuts and filled with raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC/gas 2. Draw two circles, one with a 25cm diameter and one with a 28cm diameter, on separate sheets of silicone paper.
2. To make the meringues, whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugar, a teaspoon at a time.
3. Mix the vinegar and corn flour to a smooth paste, then fold the mixture into the meringue with 150g of the hazelnuts.
4. Divide the mixture in half and spread it onto the two silicone paper circles, each on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining hazelnuts over the top of the smaller circle.
5. Bake the meringues for an hour, turn the oven off and leave the meringues to rest in the oven for another hour. Remove and cool.
6. Whisk the cream until soft peaks form, then fold in the raspberries. Spread the filling on the larger meringue and put the smaller meringue, right side up, on top. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, dust with icing sugar.