On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie's Affordable Christmas - Jamie's Affordable Christmas
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Life in the Old Bird?
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - The Big Freeze
- Prep time:
- 35 min
- Cook time:
- 55 min
Fried soda bread is the hearty way to start the day, try this recipe with Clonakilty black pudding
1. Set the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Mix the flours, cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.
2.Mix together the milk and yoghurt in a jug and stir enough into the flour to make a soft dough. Knead until smooth.
3. Shape the dough into a circle 4cm deep, cut a cross in the top and place onto a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes until crusty and golden brown. The bread is ready when it produces a hollow sound when tapped on its bottom!
4. Cool on a wire rack. Cut the soda bread into quarters and then cut into slices about 2cm thick.
5. Melt 50g of butter in a frying pan and fry the bread until golden on both sides. Keep warm.
6. Slice the Clonakilty black pudding to your desired thickness and fry in the same pan until lightly crisp. Place on top of the soda bread.
7. Reduce the heat to the pan, add another 100g or so of butter and gently fry the eggs, using a spatula to gently splash the yolks with the butter. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and place on top of the black pudding. Serve immediately.