Strawberry salad with vanilla panna cotta
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 6 hrs chilling time
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Individual vanilla creams served with a herby strawberry salad - another winning summer dessert from Frank Bordoni
For the panna cotta
- 2 tsp gelatine
- 2 tbsp milk
- 250 ml double cream
- 300 ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 vanilla pods, or 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, halved
For the salad
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
1. For the panna cotta, sprinkle the gelatine over the milk in a small bowl, set aside. Place the cream, crème fraîche, honey and sugar in a small saucepan. Split the vanilla pod down the entire length and scrape out the seeds with the flat side of a knife. Add the seeds and pod to the pan.
2. Bring the cream mixture to a simmer but do not allow it to boil. Remove from the heat, and add the gelatine. Stir well. Strain the entire mixture through a fine meshed strainer and divide between four wetted custard cups or ramekins. Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. Place the strawberries in a serving bowl. Add the granulated sugar, elderflower cordial, lemon balm, lime juice and the chopped basil leaves. Leave to macerate for 40 minutes.
4. To serve, run the tip of a small, sharp knife along the edge of the panna cottas. Dip each custard cup briefly in hot water and invert onto a plate, shaking the cup to release the panna cotta. Serve with the strawberry salad.