On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Queensland Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Slow Food
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 6 hrs chilling time
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Individual vanilla creams served with a herby strawberry salad - another winning summer dessert from Frank Bordoni
1. For the panna cotta, sprinkle the gelatine over the milk in a small bowl, set aside. Place the cream, crème fraîche, honey and sugar in a small saucepan. Split the vanilla pod down the entire length and scrape out the seeds with the flat side of a knife. Add the seeds and pod to the pan.
2. Bring the cream mixture to a simmer but do not allow it to boil. Remove from the heat, and add the gelatine. Stir well. Strain the entire mixture through a fine meshed strainer and divide between four wetted custard cups or ramekins. Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. Place the strawberries in a serving bowl. Add the granulated sugar, elderflower cordial, lemon balm, lime juice and the chopped basil leaves. Leave to macerate for 40 minutes.
4. To serve, run the tip of a small, sharp knife along the edge of the panna cottas. Dip each custard cup briefly in hot water and invert onto a plate, shaking the cup to release the panna cotta. Serve with the strawberry salad.
For the panna cotta
- 2 tsp gelatine
- 2 tbsp milk
- 250 ml double cream
- 300 ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 vanilla pods, or 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, halved
For the salad