On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Puglia
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Sweet Tooth
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Picnic
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
For a tasty meal try Lotte Duncan's puff pastry sausage plait, well flavoured with lemon zest, thyme and grated nutmeg
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add in the spring onion and garlic and fry them gently for 5 minutes over a low heat . Cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the sausage meat, lemon zest, thyme and nutmeg together with some freshly ground black pepper. Add the cooked onion and garlic and mix well.
4. Roll out the pastry on a floured board into a rectangle, roughly 30 by 10cm. Place the pastry rectangle on a baking sheet.
5. Now place the sausage meat mixture down the middle. Cut the pastry on either side at 2.5cm intervals all the way down, taking care not to cut too close to the sausage meat.
6. Now plait the pastry strands over the sausage meat, overlapping and alternating all the way down the sausage meat and sealing well at the ends.
7. Brush with beaten egg wash and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm from the oven with some mixed salad and brown sauce!