On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 45 min, plus 2-3 hrs resting time for pastry
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Juicy peaches and dark, dangerously addictive, chocolate tart make an awesome combination in this heavenly dessert from Richard Phillips
For the chocolate mix
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
1. To make the pastry, work the sugar and butter together, fold in the flour, then the eggs and water, taking care not to work the pastry too much as this will increase the chance of shrinking. Wrap in cling film and allow to rest, for 2 -3 hours in the fridge.
2. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Roll the pastry out to line 2 tarts tins, each with a diameter of 20cm. Bake them blind for 10 - 15 minutes and brush with egg yolk.
3. Pour the milk and double cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Add the chocolate, and then mix in the eggs.
5. Turn the oven down to 140°/gas1. Cook for 25 minutes. Leave to cool.
6. Dust the peach quarters with caster sugar and glaze with a blowtorch.
7. Dust the tart with cocoa powder and serve in slices with the glazed peaches and a scoop of vanilla Ice cream.