On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas
- Prep time:
- 20 min
Classic prawn cocktail gets a twist with the addition of avocado in this elegant starter by Antony Worrall Thompson
Method1. Spoon the soured cream mayonnaise into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add a generous dash of Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and anchovy essence. Add the Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
3. Gradually stir in the ketchup bit by bit, stop when the mixture is pale pink. Season to taste then stir in a splash of brandy.
4. Cut the prawns into fairly large chunks and thoroughly coat in the sauce.
5. Slice the avocado down the middle, remove the stone and scoop the flesh out into a bowl being careful not to tear the avocado shell as you do so. Put some salad leaves onto each serving plate and place an empty avocado shell on top of each bed of salad. Spoon the prawn mixture evenly between the two shells.
6. Drizzle olive oil over the avocado flesh and add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper before sprinkling on the chopped chives. Gently mix together until fully coated and then place back into avocado shells on top of the prawn mixture.
7. Garnish with slices of lemon and serve.
- 1 heaped tbsp soured cream
- 1 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- anchovy essence
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- 1-2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- black pepper
For the salad: