On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie Does... - Marrakech
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Everyday Easy
- 21:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs
- about 3 jars, 400ml each
Make Antony Worrall Thompson's zingy pickle - with a base of citrusy kumquats, it's delicious served with cheese and cold meats
Method1. Put the kumquats in a preserving pan over a low heat on the hob. Cover with water, add the sugar and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Remove the kumquats and divide them equally between sterile preserving jars.
3. Add the white wine vinegar, cinnamon sticks and cloves to the sugar syrup, turn the heat up to high and boil for 20 minutes. Skim off any scum that appears on the surface.
4. Pour the reduced sugar syrup into the preserving jars (use a funnel if you have one), distributing the spices evenly. Screw the lids on tightly. Store the pickle for one month before eating