On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Brian Turner combines chicken, black pudding, Parma ham, apples and cider to a rich and luxurious dinner party dish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 75 g butter
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 175 g black pudding, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- black pepper
- 4 corn-fed chicken breast fillets
- 8 slices of Parma ham
- 2 red apples
- 100 ml dry cider
- 150 ml reduced jus, (fresh beef stock considerably cooked down)
- hot pickled white cabbage, to serve
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 25g of butter in a heavy-based frying pan.
2. Add in a third of the chopped shallots and the black pudding and fry, stirring, for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, mix in the parsley, then drain and set aside to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
4. Using a sharp knife, cut a pouch in the thick side of each chicken breast fillet. Fill each pouch with the cooled black pudding mixture.
5. Wrap each chicken breast fillet in 2 slices of Parma ham.
6. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 25g of butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add in the Parma ham-wrapped chicken breasts and fry until coloured on each side, around 5 minutes.
7. Transfer the chicken breasts to a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a frying pan. Add in the diced apple and fry until softened, around 3-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
9. Add the shallot to the frying pan and fry gently for 3-5 minutes. Add in the cider, bring to the boil and cook briskly until reduced by a third.
10. Add the reduced jus and bring to the boil. Check the seasoning and add in the fried apple and remaining parsley.
11. Pour the apple sauce over and around the baked stuffed chicken.
12. Serve at once with hot, pickled white cabbage.