On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Makes 12 Skewers
For a simple, stylish vegetarian starter try Celia Brooks Brown's creative recipe for tofu satay, topped with peanut sauce
for the satay sauce
- 3 tbsp crunchy, unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 tsp tabasco, or chilli sauceto taste
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sweetener
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. First make the satay sauce. Place the peanut butter in a small bowl and pour over the boiling water. Beat with a fork until thoroughly combined.
2. Beat in the Tabasco sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and sweetener and taste for seasoning, adjusting as needed. Set aside to cool.
3. Cut the cucumber into 1cm wide strips. Remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber into pieces the same size as the tofu cubes.
4. Thread alternating pieces of tofu and cucumber onto 12 medium length bamboo skewers, using three of each per skewer.
5. Lay the skewers side by side on a serving plate.
6. Spoon the satay sauce generously over them and serve.