On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes, 3
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Philadelphia
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Philadelphia and New York
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Makes 12 Skewers
For a simple, stylish vegetarian starter try Celia Brooks Brown's creative recipe for tofu satay, topped with peanut sauce
Method1. First make the satay sauce. Place the peanut butter in a small bowl and pour over the boiling water. Beat with a fork until thoroughly combined.
2. Beat in the Tabasco sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and sweetener and taste for seasoning, adjusting as needed. Set aside to cool.
3. Cut the cucumber into 1cm wide strips. Remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber into pieces the same size as the tofu cubes.
4. Thread alternating pieces of tofu and cucumber onto 12 medium length bamboo skewers, using three of each per skewer.
5. Lay the skewers side by side on a serving plate.
6. Spoon the satay sauce generously over them and serve.