On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - South Wales
- 21:00 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Street Food
- 21:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Fresh asparagus, peppery watercress and crisp puff pastry make a fabulous combination in this winning recipe from Merrilees Parker
Method1. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Make the pesto by placing the watercress, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender and whizzing until smooth. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and then fold in the Parmesan.
3. Roll out the pasty to a thickness of 4mm and then cut into four 23x17cm rectangles. Brush each one generously with the watercress pesto, leaving a border of 2cm all around. Top each with five asparagus spears and sprinkle with a tablespoon of Parmesan.
4. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Just before serving, dress the remaining watercress with the olive oil, balsamic and plenty of seasoning.
6. Place a tart in the centre of each of four serving plates. Top with a handful of watercress and finish with a drizzle of pesto.