On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Easy Entertaining
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Chinese Classics
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Feast
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Fresh asparagus, peppery watercress and crisp puff pastry make a fabulous combination in this winning recipe from Merrilees Parker
Method1. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Make the pesto by placing the watercress, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender and whizzing until smooth. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and then fold in the Parmesan.
3. Roll out the pasty to a thickness of 4mm and then cut into four 23x17cm rectangles. Brush each one generously with the watercress pesto, leaving a border of 2cm all around. Top each with five asparagus spears and sprinkle with a tablespoon of Parmesan.
4. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Just before serving, dress the remaining watercress with the olive oil, balsamic and plenty of seasoning.
6. Place a tart in the centre of each of four serving plates. Top with a handful of watercress and finish with a drizzle of pesto.
- 85 g watercress
- 01/2 unwaxed lemon, juice and zest
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g parmesan, grated
for the tart