Asparagus and watercress tarts
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Fresh asparagus, peppery watercress and crisp puff pastry make a fabulous combination in this winning recipe from Merrilees Parker
- 85 g watercress
- 01/2 unwaxed lemon, juice and zest
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g parmesan, grated
for the tart
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Make the pesto by placing the watercress, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender and whizzing until smooth. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and then fold in the Parmesan.
3. Roll out the pasty to a thickness of 4mm and then cut into four 23x17cm rectangles. Brush each one generously with the watercress pesto, leaving a border of 2cm all around. Top each with five asparagus spears and sprinkle with a tablespoon of Parmesan.
4. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Just before serving, dress the remaining watercress with the olive oil, balsamic and plenty of seasoning.
6. Place a tart in the centre of each of four serving plates. Top with a handful of watercress and finish with a drizzle of pesto.