On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 11
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 12
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Tender quick-to-cook scallops and tangy 'instant' polenta make a memorable meal in minutes, in this fabulous recipe from Luke Mangan
Method1. Pour the water and salt into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour in the polenta in a gradual steady stream, stirring constantly, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream, then crumble in the blue cheese and stir until melted through.
2. Blanch the mushrooms in boiling salted water for about 30 seconds. Drain.
3. Just before the polenta is ready, heat a heavy based frying pan and add a little extra virgin olive oil. When hot, season the scallops and cook until they are just opaque, turning them over once. The scallops will take less than a couple of minutes, so take care not to overcook them.
4. Divide the polenta among four serving plates and flatten out a little with a knife. Top the polenta with a small pile of watercress, sprinkle the shiitake mushrooms on top and arrange the scallops around the watercress. Drizzle with a little truffle oil, if using and serve immediately.