On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Bologna
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Bring It On
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- Makes 12 small scones
Raspberry-speckled scones make a tempting snack or afternoon tea treat in this delightful recipe from Mary Berry
Method1. Set the oven to 220C/gas 8. Measure the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, add the butter and rub in with the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
2. Break the eggs into a measuring jug, adding the milk to make a 300 ml mixture. Stir into the flour and mix to a soft but not sticky dough.
3. Turn out on to a lightly floured work surface, knead lightly and then roll out to a rectangle about 2cm thick, cutting into 2 equal pieces.
4. Scatter the fresh raspberries evenly over 1 piece of dough and then top with the second rectangle of dough. Cut into as many rounds as possible with a fluted 5 cm cutter, and place them on to lightly greased baking sheets.
5. Gently push the trimmings together to form 1 large scone, and score the top with a large knife. Brush the scones with a little extra milk, or any egg and milk mixture left in the jug.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the scones are well risen and a pale golden brown. Lift onto a wire rack to cool.
7. Eat as fresh as possible and serve with clotted cream.