On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Cocktail Party
- 20:30 - Two Fat Ladies - Lunch
- 21:00 - River Cottage Spring - River Cottage Spring, 4
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
A whole host of delicious elements combine to make a stunning dinner party dish from Tony Tobin
Method1. For the creamed shallots, melt 20g of the butter in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the shallots and thyme together until soft. Add the cream and remaining butter and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the artichokes until crisp and golden.
3. For the chive crème fraîche, mix together the chives, crème fraîche, lemon zest and sugar and season with salt and pepper.
4. To make the watercress froth, bring the milk to the boil, then pour into a liquidizer with the watercress and blitz briefly until frothy and then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Make 3 incisions in the skin of the fish. Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and fry the fish, skin side down, until crisp. Turn the heat off; flip the fish and leave to stand for 30 seconds.
6.To serve, spoon the creamed shallots into the centre of the plate. Place some fried artichokes on top then lean the sea bass up onto the artichokes. Spoon some crème fraîche on top, drizzle the frothy watercress around the edge and serve immediately.
For the creamed shallots:
- 40 g butter
- 2 banana shallots, sliced
- pinch of thyme
- 100 ml double cream
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
For the roasted artichokes:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g tinned artichoke hearts, drained and halved
For the chive crème fraîche:
For the watercress froth: