On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
For a rich seafood dish try Ching He-Huang's recipe for deliciously piquant crab served with coconut-flavoured noodles
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 3 red chillies, chopped
- 300 g raw small crab, chopped in halves
- 150 ml water
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 spring onions, sliced lengthways
- 4 tbsp sprigs coriander
For the chilli crab sauce:
For the coconut noodles:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. First prepare the chilli crab sauce. Place the water, ketchup, soy sauce, sugar and cornflour into a bowl and mix well.
2. Heat a wok and add in the vegetable oil. Add in the garlic, ginger and chillies and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add the raw crabs to the wok and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes until the crab turns red in colour.
4.Stir in the sauce and cook for 1 minute, then add the water, lime juice, spring onion and coriander. Cover and set aside.
5. To make the coconut noodles, heat a wok and add in the vegetable oil. Add in the chopped garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the coconut milk and shrimp paste, then the chilli, dried chillies, spring onion and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
7. Add the noodles and cook for a further 30 seconds to allow the noodles to absorb the sauce.
8. To serve, place the chilli crab on top of the coconut noodles.