On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 40 min
For a flavourful meal try Fuchsia Dunlop's recipe for slow-braised pork flavoured with soy sauce and salted soybeans
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Pound the shallots to a paste with a stone pestle and mortar or in a food processor. Add the garlic and pound into the paste. Set aside.
2. Pound or mash the soybeans into a paste.
3. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the shallot and garlic paste and stir-fry gently for 2-3 minutes over a moderate heat.
4. Add the mashed soybeans and fry for half a minute.
5. Add the pork to the wok and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, adding the soy sauce, sugar, cinnamon stick and clove as you go.
6. Cover the pork with the hot water and season with salt to taste. Bring to the boil.
7. Transfer the pork to a heavy-based pan, return to the boil, and simmer gently for about an hour and a half, until the sauce is significantly reduced.
8. Garnish with fresh green chillies and serve with plain steamed rice.