On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Corsica and Sardinia
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Washington DC and Maryland
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Enjoy a tasty Indian dish with Monisha Bharadwaj's simple recipe for spiced lamb with green peas
Method1. Heat the sunflower oil in a kadai or wok and add the bay leaves, peppercorns and the onions. Fry, stirring often, until the onions are golden, around 10 minutes.
2. Add in the ginger and garlic and fry, stirring now and then, for 1-2 minutes.
3. Mix in the tomato puree and fry until the oil separates.
4. Add in the minced lamb, green peas, chilli, turmeric, garam masala and salt. Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring now and then, until the lamb is cooked through.
5. Sprinkle over the coriander and serve at once.
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 8 tbsp tomato purée
- 300 g minced lamb
- 150 g garden peas, shelled if fresh, or frozen
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish