On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 45 min, plus overnight chilling
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Try Janet Brinkworth's crisp, spiced
Swedish-style biscuits, delicious with a cup of tea or coffee
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place the molasses in a heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Once boiling add in the butter and caster sugar. Cook stirring until the butter and sugar are melted, then remove from direct heat and allow to cool.
3. When cool, beat in the egg and transfer to a mixing bowl.
4. Sift in the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon.
5. Mix it all together well, then knead the mixture with your hands until it forms a smooth dough.
6. Cover the mixture in cling film and chill, ideally overnight.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
8. Roll out the dough very finely and cut out biscuit shapes, such as circles and hearts.
9. Place the biscuits on greased baking sheets and bake in batches for 10-15 minutes until the biscuits are set and just beginning to colour. Allow to harden on the baking sheets then transfer to wire racks to complete cooling.
10. Store in an airtight container.