On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 2
- 21:00 - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner
- 22:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus 2 hrs marinating
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Enjoy a chilli kick with Anthony Worral Thompson's simple Mexican-inspired recipe for tasty chicken kebabs with tortilla wraps
Method1. Mix together the chilli oil, chilli powder, paprika, sugar, lime juice and zest in a bowl.
2. Cut each chicken breast lengthways into six strips. Add to the chilli paste, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, make the tomato and avocado salsa. Place the tomato, red chilli, lime juice, red onion, avocado, olive oil and coriander in a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and place in a serving bowl.
4. Heat a barbecue or ridged griddle pan.
5. Thread 3 pieces of marinated chicken onto 3 bamboo skewers, soaked in water overnight.
6. Place the chicken skewers on the barbecue or griddle pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Place the chicken skewers on a serving plate and serve with the tomato and avocado salsa, warmed tortillas, lettuce and soured cream. Allow each person to assemble the fajitas themselves.
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- pinch of sugar
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- 4 chicken breast fillets
For the tomato and avocado salsa:
- 4 large tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- juice of 1 limes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium ripe medium avocado, stoned, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt, and freshly ground pepper