On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus 2 hrs marinating
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Enjoy a chilli kick with Anthony Worral Thompson's simple Mexican-inspired recipe for tasty chicken kebabs with tortilla wraps
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- pinch of sugar
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- 4 chicken breast fillets
For the tomato and avocado salsa:
- 4 large tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- juice of 1 limes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium ripe medium avocado, stoned, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Mix together the chilli oil, chilli powder, paprika, sugar, lime juice and zest in a bowl.
2. Cut each chicken breast lengthways into six strips. Add to the chilli paste, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, make the tomato and avocado salsa. Place the tomato, red chilli, lime juice, red onion, avocado, olive oil and coriander in a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and place in a serving bowl.
4. Heat a barbecue or ridged griddle pan.
5. Thread 3 pieces of marinated chicken onto 3 bamboo skewers, soaked in water overnight.
6. Place the chicken skewers on the barbecue or griddle pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Place the chicken skewers on a serving plate and serve with the tomato and avocado salsa, warmed tortillas, lettuce and soured cream. Allow each person to assemble the fajitas themselves.