On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Tapenade, Parma ham and tomatoes add a Mediterranean touch to chicken in Lesley Waters's delicious recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp black olive tapenade
- 4 large slices of Parma ham
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of watercress, or wild rocket, to garnish
For the baked tomato chutney:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. First make the baked tomato chutney. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Place the tomatoes in a shallow ovenproof dish and spoon over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Scatter over the sugar and chillies and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Bake the tomatoes in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until slightly charred and split, but still whole. Serve warm or cold.
4. Place the chicken breasts onto a chopping board. Remove the small fillets from the underside of the breasts and set aside. Make a vertical cut down the length of the chicken breast, but not all the way through to create a pocket. Season all over with black pepper.
5. Place a tablespoon of the tapenade into the pocket of each chicken breast. Cover with the small fillet and fold over the sides of the pocket.
6. Wrap a piece of Parma ham around the middle of each chicken breast and tuck a bay leaf under the Parma ham. Brush lightly with olive oil.
7. Heat a large frying pan. Add the chicken and sear for 2 minutes on each side until golden. If your frying pan is ovenproof transfer to the oven and roast the chicken for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Alternatively transfer onto a roasting tray.
8. Serve the chicken with the baked tomato chutney and rocket.