On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 20:30 - The Hairy Bakers - Bread
- 21:00 - River Cottage Spring - River Cottage Spring, 2
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Lesley Waters's tasty and colourful vegetable side-dish goes well with baked ham, garlic sausages or cold cured meats
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. In a large roasting tin, toss together the potatoes, onions and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Add the red wine to the roasting tin and toss together well.
4. Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden.
5. Add the beetroot halves to the tin and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Toss together well and return to the oven again for a further 10-15 minutes.
6. To serve, pile the roasted onions, potato and beetroot onto a large warm serving dish. Drizzle with the soured cream, scatter with the dill and serve at once.