On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Tomatoes
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Summer Greens
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Classic Bread
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
This dangerously addictive, dark and delicious truffle cake from Paul Bloxham is every chocoholics dream!
Method1. Line the bottom of a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin with the chocolate sponge. Moisten the sponge with around 4 tablespoons of rum.
2. Combine the water, glucose and soaked gelatine leaves and heat gently until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
3. Put the chocolate in a pan and pour over the gelatine mixture, stir until the chocolate has melted. Cool to body temperature.
4. Working quickly, fold the cream into the chocolate and pour into the sponge lined tin. Leave to set in a cool place.
5. To make the sauce, bring 375ml of the water to the boil, add the chocolate and remove from the heat. Mix the cocoa powder, sugar and remaining water to a thick paste, combine with the melted chocolate and bring back to the boil. Stir until smooth and creamy.
6. Dust the cake with cocoa powder and serve with the chocolate sauce.
- 1 chocolate sponge cake
- 4 tbsp rum
- 75 ml water
- 50 ml liquid glucose
- 1 1/2 leaves of gelatine, soaked in water to soften
- 300 g dark chocolate, (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 500 ml whipping cream, whipped to soft peak stage
- cocoa powder, for dusting
For the chocolate sauce: