From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 1 hr soaking
- Cook time:
- 10 min
For a quick and tasty meal try Mini C's wok-fried seafood noodles, a classic Thai street food snack
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
Visit a Chinese or Thai foodstore to find the pickled turnip. Rice noodles and fish sauce can be found in these shops or Western supermarkets.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 medium raw black tiger prawns
- 30 g cooked shrimps
- 1 egg
- 165 g dried rice noodles, soaked in warm water for 1 hour then drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 1/2 tbsp pickled turnips, rushed
- 1/2 tbsp salted peanuts, crushed
- 80 g bean sprouts
- 15 g chives, chopped
- 15 g carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- sprigs coriander
- wedge of limes
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat a wok over a high heat. Add in the vegetable oil and heat through.
2. Add in the tiger prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the shrimps and egg. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until the egg is cooked.
4. Add in the rice noodles, fish sauce and vinegar and stir-fry, making sure the ingredients in the wok are well-mixed.
5. Add in the pickled turnip, salted peanuts, bean sprouts, chives, carrots and stir-fry until the bean sprouts and carrot are just tender, around 2-3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle over the sugar and stir-fry for 1 minute.
7. Serve at once, garnished with the coriander leaves and lime wedge.