On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 20 mins cooling
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Enjoy a scrumptious dessert with Mike Robinson's classic French fruit tart, served with lashings of clotted cream and a coulis
- 24 cm blind-baked shortcrust pastry tart cases, in a tart tin
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, halved
- 8 plums, quartered
- clotted cream, to serve
For the frangipane:
- 120 g icing sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 20 g flour
- 120 g ground almonds
- 25 ml rum
For the plum coulis:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. First make the frangipane. In a mixing bowl, cream the icing sugar and butter until pale.
3. Gradually add in the beaten egg, mixing well with each addition.
4. Mix in the flour and ground almonds, then stir in the rum.
5. Arrange the pear slices around the blind baked pastry case.
6. Spoon in the frangipane between the pears so that it comes to just below the level of the pears.
7. Push the quartered plums in between the pear halves and sprinkle over a little icing sugar.
8. Bake the tart for 30 minutes, Remove from the oven and cool for 20 minutes before serving.
9. Meanwhile, make the plum coulis. Place the sugar and plums in a small, heavy-based saucepan. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring now and then, until the plums are tender.
10. Pass the plum mixture through a fine sieve to make the coulis.
11. To serve, spoon a little plum coulis onto each serving plate and top with a slice of plum tart. Spoon over clotted cream, and serve.