On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Serve up a stylish and aromatic fish dish with Mike Robinson's recipe for home-smoked cod and tiger prawns
- 1 red onion, liced into half rings
- 1 tbsp ginger, liced into short, fine strips
- 250 g chunk of thick cod fillets, kin on
- 4 large, raw tiger prawns, peeled with the heads left on
- 1 red chilli, sliced into fine strips
- olive oil, for drizzling
- juice of 2 limes
- handful of steamed bok choy, to serve
- soy sauce, to serve (optional)
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Lay a sheet of kitchen foil, shiny side down. Lay the red onion in the middle together with half the ginger.
2. Place the cod on top, skin side down. Top with the tiger prawns.
3. Sprinkle the chilli strips and remaining ginger on top and drizzle with olive oil and lime juice.
4. Seal the foil up over the cod and tiger prawns into a parcel. Poke 12 holes in the top of the bag using a skewer or small sharp knife.
5. Take the other sheet of foil and place 2 tablespoons of oak wood chippings in the middle. Place the first parcel on the chippings and bring the sides of the foil up to create a second layer around the parcel.
6. Place a trivet over a gas hob, layer over 2 sheets of kitchen foil and sit the parcel on top. Allow to cook and smoke for 7 minutes.
7. Cut the parcel open and place the contents on top of the bok choy. Serve at once with soy sauce, if using.