On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 35 min, plus 1 hr for soaking
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Crispy-coated beef escalopes with a tasty tomato topping make a winning combination in this fabulous, flavoursome recipe from Valentina Harris
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Using a meat hammer, flatten the steaks out until they are thin and even. Lay them in the beaten egg to soak for about 1 hour.
2. Drain each piece of meat, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and coat carefully in the breadcrumbs.
3. Heat 5 tablespoons of the oil in a large wide frying pan until sizzling hot, then quickly fry on both sides for about 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
4. Remove, drain and lay on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Chop the tomatoes coarsely and place them in a sieve over a bowl, to drain for about 15 minutes. Add the remaining olive oil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Scatter with torn basil leaves, spoon over the warm cotolette and serve immediately.