On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Beef fillet, crisp potatoes, a lip-smacking sauce and truffle-dressed watercress make a mouth-watering combination from Ed Baines
- 225 g fillet of beef
- large bunch of watercress, to serve
For the sauce:
- 30 g butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 25 ml brandy
- 200 ml beef stock
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp double cream
For the Pomme Pont Neuf:
- 2 Maris Piper potatoes, cut into large oblongs
- oil, for deep fat frying
For the truffle dressing:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Hammer out the steak between 2 sheets of cling film until doubled in size.
2. To make the Pomme Pont Neuf, cut potatoes into large oblongs and blanch in boiling salted water for 4 minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180°C, and fry the potatoes until crisp.
4. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a frying pan and add the chopped shallot and garlic.
5. Stir in the finely chopped button mushrooms, pour over the brandy and beef stock, and reduce gently by three quarters.
6. Stir in the Dijon mustard, chopped parsley and double cream.
7. For the truffle dressing, whisk the egg yolk and slowly pour over truffle oil.
8. Stir in the lemon juice and chopped parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Griddle the steak, adjusting the cooking time according to taste.
10. Divide the watercress between 2 dinner plates and drizzle with truffle dressing. Top with the cooked steak, surrounded by the sauce and Pont Neuf potatoes.