On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Cook a quick and tasty fish dish with Janet Brinkworth's recipe for cod in a sesame-flavoured sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Add in the cod fillet and fry it gently until lightly coloured but not cooked through, around 3-5 minutes. Remove the cod and reserve it.
3. Add the onion to the frying pan and fry it gently until softened, around 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini and the orange juice in a bowl. Mix in the malt vinegar, then the cumin and then the lemon juice, whisking to form a smooth sauce.
5. Whisk in the warm water, blending well.
6. Using a spatula, move the fried onions to one side of the pan. Add in the cod, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and pile the fried onions over the cod.
7. Pour the sauce over the fish.
8. Transfer the fish in the pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small frying pan. Add in the pine nuts and fry until golden, stirring often.
10. Sprinkle the fried pine nuts over the baked cod and serve at once.