On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Corsica and Sardinia
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Washington DC and Maryland
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- Makes 15
Crisp little cigars of feta-filled filo pastry make a great snack or starter in this hassle free recipe from Janet Brinkworth
Method1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Mix the feta and egg together add the pepper and parsley and stir.
2. Lay the pastry on a floured work surface and brush one sheet with melted butter, lay another sheet on top and repeat. Cut the pastry into three.
3. Spoon the filing along one edge of each of the pastry rectangle, leaving room to fold the pastry in at each end.
4. Roll up into cigar shapes and lay on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the ingredients are used up. Brush the boreks with butter and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Serve them hot or cold, with a crisp white wine.