On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 1 hr for marinating salmon
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Lightly seared salmon, flavoursome sushi rice and a piquant pineapple sauce make a terrific trio in this fabulous recipe from Paul Bloxham
- 500 g salmon eggs, skinned filleted and pin boned)
- 1.5cm knob ginger, finely grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 4 tbsp sake, r sherry
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp dried red chilli flakes
- 200 g sushi rice
- zest and juice 1 lemons
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 10cm piece cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 beef tomato, diced
- 1 small bunch of coriander, chopped
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place the salmon in a bowl and add the ginger, garlic, onions, coriander, salt, and pepper. Cover with sake and let stand for 1 hour. Prepare the pineapple and dice the flesh. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan until bubbling. Add the red chilli flakes, pineapple, and 2 tablespoons of the sake marinade. Cook down until all the liquid has evaporated.
3. Heat a griddle pan and place the salmon in the pan and cook for 1 minute, rolling the salmon to sear all over. Remove from the pan and reserve.
4. To make the sushi rice salad, cook the rice as per packet instructions. While warm, season with lemon zest and juice, sugar, vinegar and salt. Stir in the avocado, cucumber, diced tomato and coriander leaves.
5. To serve, place a spoonful of the rice salad onto the serving plates, slice the salmon and place on top of the rice. Pour over the pineapple sauce and serve immediately.