On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - The Club, Foo, Tundra & Inn Pub
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 1 hr for marinating salmon
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Lightly seared salmon, flavoursome sushi rice and a piquant pineapple sauce make a terrific trio in this fabulous recipe from Paul Bloxham
Method1. Place the salmon in a bowl and add the ginger, garlic, onions, coriander, salt, and pepper. Cover with sake and let stand for 1 hour. Prepare the pineapple and dice the flesh. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan until bubbling. Add the red chilli flakes, pineapple, and 2 tablespoons of the sake marinade. Cook down until all the liquid has evaporated.
3. Heat a griddle pan and place the salmon in the pan and cook for 1 minute, rolling the salmon to sear all over. Remove from the pan and reserve.
4. To make the sushi rice salad, cook the rice as per packet instructions. While warm, season with lemon zest and juice, sugar, vinegar and salt. Stir in the avocado, cucumber, diced tomato and coriander leaves.
5. To serve, place a spoonful of the rice salad onto the serving plates, slice the salmon and place on top of the rice. Pour over the pineapple sauce and serve immediately.
- 500 g salmon eggs, skinned filleted and pin boned)
- 1.5cm knob ginger, finely grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 4 tbsp sake, r sherry
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp dried red chilli flakes
- 200 g sushi rice
- zest and juice 1 lemons
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 10cm piece cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 beef tomato, diced
- 1 small bunch of coriander, chopped