On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Game and Mushrooms
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Bread
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Feel Good Food
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Rhubarb and custard take on a glamorous dimension in Brian Turner's elegant recipe for a delicious fruit dish
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Place the rhubarb on a hob-proof roasting tray.
3. In a small saucepan, boil together the sugar and water until the sugar has dissolved. Mix in the lemon juice.
4. Pour the sugar syrup over the rhubarb, cover with greaseproof paper and bring to a simmer on the hob.
5. Transfer the covered rhubarb to the oven and bake until tender, around 20 minutes. Drain well and place in a heatproof dish.
6. Meanwhile, make the sabayon. Place the ginger, egg yolks and caster sugar in a large, heatproof bowl, whisking together well.
7. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk constantly until it trebles in volume.
8. Remove from direct heat and whisk in the cream.
9. Preheat the grill.
10. Top the rhubarb with the sabayon and grill until glazed, around 3 minutes. Serve at once.