On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Blueberry Coronation Chicken and Two Course Pasty
- 22:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Pizza, Blackberry Beer and Chicken Pie
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Add a touch of luxury to leeks with Janet Brinkworth's simple recipe for a tasty vegetable side dish
Method1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
2. Add in the leeks and blanch them for 2-4 minutes, until soft. Drain well, squeezing out any excess moisture.
3. Pour the cream into a large, non-stick pan. Bring to the boil and cook briskly until reduced by half.
4. Stir the leeks into the reduced cream and cook until the leeks are evenly coated and no liquid gathers on the bottom of the pan.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve at once.
- 4 large leeks, shredded
- 300 ml double cream
- salt, and freshly ground pepper