On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus chilling
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Crisp pastry, apple and blueberries and a glorious fudgy cream make a delightful dessert in this fabulous recipe from Lesley Waters
- 400 g shortcrust pastry
- 3 large cooking apples
- juice of 1 oranges
- 85 g demerara sugar
- 170 g blueberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- caster sugar, for dusting
For the Bavarian cream:
- 400 ml double cream
- 400 ml natural yogurt
- 4 tbsp muscovado sugar
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. First of all, make the Bavarian cream. In a large bowl, lightly whip the double cream. Fold in the yoghurt and transfer to a large shallow serving dish. Spread out with a palette knife and scatter the surface with the muscovado sugar. Transfer to the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight.
2. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Peel core and slice the apples thickly, place in a saucepan with the orange juice and sugar, cover and cook gently until just tender. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
3. On a floured work surface, roll out just under half the pastry and line a dinner plate. Trim off the edges neatly.
4. Mix the cooled apples in with the blueberries and spoon onto the pastry. Brush the edges of the pastry with a little beaten egg, roll out the remaining pastry and use it to top the pie. Using a knife, trim around the edges. Crimp the edges of the pastry and decorate with pastry leaves made from the trimmings.
5. Brush the whole pie with the beaten egg and dust with caster sugar. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.