On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 20:30 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 21:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus chilling
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Crisp pastry, apple and blueberries and a glorious fudgy cream make a delightful dessert in this fabulous recipe from Lesley Waters
Method1. First of all, make the Bavarian cream. In a large bowl, lightly whip the double cream. Fold in the yoghurt and transfer to a large shallow serving dish. Spread out with a palette knife and scatter the surface with the muscovado sugar. Transfer to the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight.
2. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Peel core and slice the apples thickly, place in a saucepan with the orange juice and sugar, cover and cook gently until just tender. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
3. On a floured work surface, roll out just under half the pastry and line a dinner plate. Trim off the edges neatly.
4. Mix the cooled apples in with the blueberries and spoon onto the pastry. Brush the edges of the pastry with a little beaten egg, roll out the remaining pastry and use it to top the pie. Using a knife, trim around the edges. Crimp the edges of the pastry and decorate with pastry leaves made from the trimmings.
5. Brush the whole pie with the beaten egg and dust with caster sugar. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.