On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Lancashire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - North Yorkshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Herefordshire
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus at least 30 mins setting
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Sophisticated chocaholics will adore Paul Young's chocolate tart confection, eye-catchingly topped with home-made chocolate spirals
Method1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl suspended above simmering water to 50°C.
2. Warm the glucose in a saucepan with the water.
3. Add the glucose mixture to the chocolate and mix well until smooth.
4. Place into a plastic food bag to cool and set thoroughly into a paste.
5. Take the chocolate tart and place onto a serving plate or tray.
6. Take pieces of the chocolate paste and knead until soft and pliable.
7. Roll into long thin cone shapes and wrap these shapes around a clean wooden spoon or paintbrush handle which has been oiled with vegetable oil to form spirals.
8. Carefully slide the spirals off the handle and place aside in a cool place for at least 30 minutes to set. If need be, make these 2-3 days before use and store in an airtight container but not in the refrigerator.
9. Place the chocolate spirals on the tart in a stacking fashion and dust with icing sugar.