On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Meaty and most definitely moreish, these buttery Russian-style pancakes from Martin Blunos make a tasty and tempting supper
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 400 g lean minced beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp smetana, (or substitute equal parts of plain yoghurt and double cream)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 8 ready made crêpes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat half of the butter in a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the minced beef. Fry for a few minutes until browned.
2. Stir in the onion and garlic and continue to cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and then leave to cool slightly before adding the smetana, lemon juice, dill and sour cream. Mix well.
4. Take a crèpe and place a heaped tablespoon of the meat mixture in the centre and wrap up to form a parcel.
5. Heat the remaining butter in a clean frying pan with the oil and fry the parcels gently until golden and heated through. Serve immediately with soured cream and sprigs of dill.