On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Enjoy a taste of the tropics with Vicky Bhogal's simple but delicious cod with fragrant spices and coconut milk
- 450 g skinless cod fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, grated
- 100 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- a sprinkle of garam masala
- 300 ml coconut cream
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. First make the sauce. Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan with the cumin seeds. When sizzling, add the onion and fry until lightly golden.
2. Turn down the heat. Add the tomatoes, salt, green chilli, ground turmeric and chilli powder. Stir well.
3. When the sauce is shiny and the oil has separated, add a sprinkle of garam masala and stir in the coconut cream. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
4. Gently add in the cod and stir to coat.
5. Cover and cook on a very low heat for 12-15 minutes.
6. Serve sprinkled with a handful of chopped coriander.