On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Louisiana
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Brooklyn
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Harlem and Connecticut
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
For a tasty meal try Gino D'Acampo's recipe for grilled pork chops served on a bed of pulses
Method1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a saucepan. Add in the onion and dried chilli and fry until golden, stirring often.
2. Add in the canned lentils and cannellini beans, together with the juices. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, cooking off the liquid.
3. Using a hand-blender, blend the lentil mixture into a puree.
4. Preheat a griddle pan until hot.
5. Coat the pork chops with olive oil and season with salt, freshly ground pepper and chopped rosemary.
6. Griddle the chops for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Transfer the chops to a roasting tray. Top each chop with a rosemary stalk, then 2 slices of mozzarella. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Preheat the grill, then grill the chops for 1-2 minutes until the mozzarella begins to melt.
9. Place 3-4 tablespoons of the lentil mixture each on 4 serving plates, then top with a freshly grilled pork chop. Serve at once.