On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie at Home Christmas Special - Jamie At Home Christmas Special
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 1
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 2
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Ross Burden's coconut-creamy lobster tails are so wickedly luxurious and devilishly delicious, they're positively heavenly to eat!!
Method1. To make the court bouillon, bring all the ingredients to the boil in a large saucepan or stockpot, and then simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the stock through a fine-mesh sieve, preferably lined with muslin.
2. Slide thick skewers into the centre of the lobster tails to keep them straight, and then poach them in the court bouillon for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
3. Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and fry the shallots for 5-10 minutes until soft. Add the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes or so, until fragrant.
4. Stir in the coconut milk and fish stock.
5. Cook the sauce for 4-5 minutes until thick, and then pass through a sieve for a nice smooth texture.
6. Brush the aubergine slices on both sides with the remaining oil and grill until golden.
7. Slice the cooled lobster tails lengthways.
8. To serve, place an aubergine slice in the centre of each of 4 dinner plates. Fan alternating slices of lobster and mango to form a star shape. Top with a piece of lobster tail and a sprig of chervil.
9. Pour the sauce around and dot with avocado oil between the slices. Drag a knife outwards, through the oil to form the crown. Serve immediately.
- 4 lobster tails
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml fish stock
- 4 slices of aubergines
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced lengthways
For the court bouillon:
- 2 carrots, hopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of tarragon
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 700 ml water
- avocado oil