On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes, 3
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off - Cake
- 22:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
- Makes 2 loaves
Enjoy a tropical-flavoured treat with Paul Hollywood's recipe for a sweet bread, flavoured with coconut, raisins and almonds
Method1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, 300g of sugar, 160g of desiccated coconut, raisins, cherries and flaked almonds.
2. Pour in the melted margarine and continue to mix.
3. Add 1 tsp vanilla essence and 1 tsp almond essence to the beaten eggs.
4. Add the water and the beaten egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix together well.
5. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2.
6. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Knead each piece lightly for 1 minute.
7. Grease and flour two 500g loaf tins and shape each piece of dough to fit the tin before putting the dough in the tin.
8. Make a gutter-like opening about 4cm wide and 2.5cm deep in the dough down the centre of each loaf.
9. Mix together the remaining desiccated coconut, sugar, almond and vanilla essences.
10. Divide the mixture into two, and sprinkle it into each gutter. Close the dough over the openings, then pat each loaf to ensure the mixture is sealed in each pocket.
11. Cut 3 diagonal lines in the top of each loaf.
12. Bake the loaves for 1 hour until golden and risen. Serve warm from the oven or cooled.